Sunday, August 29, 2010

Mad Men, then writing on Murder on Tiki Island

It's been a long couple of weeks, and I haven't had much time to work on my newest book, Murder on Tiki Island. This weekend was my wife's birthday also, so I spent a lot of it with her...which meant no time to write over the weekend. (Not that I'm complaining, it was a fun weekend!). It's now Sunday night and her birthday weekend has officially come to an end, so I intend to watch MAD MEN (a favorite of mine for obvious reasons) then get back to writing the final chapters of Murder on Tiki Island.

For those who aren't familiar with my new book (I've been talking it up on my Facebook Pages, Murder Behind the Closet Door and The Retro Tiki Lounge) this story is a lot like the old 1950's pulp Noir detective stories that so many of us enjoy. Sort of a Mike Hammer meets Les Baxter sort of thing. It takes place in 1956, and mixes a bit of real history with a fictional resort island in the Florida Keys and a taste of the paranormal. Detective Riggins (from Murder Behind the Closet Door) is featured in his youth as he gets himself mixed up in murder and the occult while trying to vacation in the Keys. Beautiful women, sandy beaches, a multi-million dollar Tiki themed resort and enough tropical drinks to drown a whale combine with fierce Atlantic hurricanes and the phantoms of a lurid past to bring you Murder on Tiki Island.

I hope to have this new book available in time for the Christmas Season. In the mean time, be sure to check out Murder Behind the Closet Door at Amazon.com

-Christopher Pinto, StarDust Mysteries

No comments:

Post a Comment