Friday, September 9, 2011

"Christine" - My Rating on Goodreads

ChristineChristine by Stephen King

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I loved this book from beginning to end, but I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I am an antique car nut, always have been, and found myself sympathizing with the car more than the characters.



This is a perfect example of why Stephen King is famous. Great story, original, fun, scary. Imagery is incredible. But some people may not enjoy it as much as I did, if they aren't into vintage cars...only because if you're into those big, sleek 50's monsters with giant tailfins and tons of chrome, you'll get it...I mean really get it.



I guess what I'm saying is, if you drive a Camry and think it's a great car, you just won't get it.



Anyway, great book, only reason I won't give it 5 stars is that he talks about the car having 4 doors when Furys ONLY came in 2-doors. Then in another scene, he talks about 2 doors. Minor technicality, but like I said...I'm a car guy.



View all my reviews


-Christopher Pinto, author of
Murder Behind The Closet Door
Murder on Tiki Island
Tiki Lounge Talk

No comments:

Post a Comment